All data are not created equal. To be actionable, and to have a chance of influencing behavior, information needs to be legible to the intended audience.
Many higher institutions have all the right diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) data points at their fingertips, but what they lack is the clarity behind what the data means and the decisions they need to make based on the data. Student information sitting passively in a myriad of databases is a far cry from actionable DEI insights.
Equity can’t be explained away by rhetoric—it’s about the numbers. Whether or not you believe equity is framed and defined by ownership or diversity, it is definitely quantifiable. Therefore, it’s essential to present diversity data in an easy-to-understand, customizable scorecard or dashboard that is relevant to its intended users. The data presentation should allow for easy comparisons between units and across time periods.
Enter Datatelligent. We understand that finding and enrolling the right students is more challenging than ever, which makes each stage of the enrollment journey even more critical.
DEI DATA SESSIONS
Datatelligent is participating in several upcoming sessions about the intersection of DEI and data, including:
- DEI Webinar – 10.28.21 at 1:00 PM
- I-AIR Conference – 11.1.21 at 3:00 PM
- AIRUM Conference – 11.5.21 at 8:00 AM
The sessions will review strategies for evaluating the effectiveness of your DEI data across student recruitment and enrollment initiatives. They will also feature a demo of Datatelligent’s DEI Student Outreach Solution Engine that gives higher education leaders a 360⁰ view of the student data, including:
- Insights into DEI-related recruitment opportunities for high school students
- Interactive map of counties highlighted by special population indicators and current college attendees
- Key demographic data (poverty levels, single female households, disability, unemployment rates, etc.)
- High schools per county displayed with student body demographic details
In order to advance DEI, you must drive progress through your data. Insight into your student data—from its racial and cultural makeup to geographical recruitment reach—is key to understanding your students’ experiences and the change that needs to happen.
Contact Datatelligent today to start fully tapping your DEI data.